Saturday, December 12, 2015

DAY ONE HUNDRED AND THREE OF THE HAPPINESS PROJECT

Day 103.  Today was the big party.  Well, it didn't turn out to be a big party.  It was a medium sized party.  There is a flu/cold going around so I had a few people drop out because they were sick.  I had a few drop out because they double booked and just realized it.  One had to work.  Then I had a bunch of no shows. 

I think it is rude to just "no show".  How hard is it to send someone an email or text?  My email is on the invite; so is my phone number.  That is enough of that rant.

I didn't take any photos I realized at the end.  The house looked great.  Everyone commented on it.  LOTS of decorations. 

The food was almost all eaten.  I made olive artichoke tapenade.  The recipe made way more than I needed.  The polenta fries with sauce was a huge hit.  I could have made the second tube and they would have gone too.  The chipolte rosemary almonds were also popular.  There were only a few left and I gave them to the dog walker.  The apricot infused with brandy and dipped in chocolate were loved.  The popcorn didn't come out right.  I think it needed to be cooked with oil.  I did it in my glass cooker without oil.  Then the spices would stick.

Overall the vegan food was a success.  I just didn't tell anyone it was vegan food!  They all raved about the food and how good it was. 


People came and brought me bottles of wine.  I don't drink so now I have great gifts and good wine to serve at the next party!

I have checked one thing off December's happiness project.  

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!