Thursday, December 24, 2015

DAY ONE HUNDRED FIFTEEN OF THE HAPPINESS PROJECT

Day 115. Christmas Eve. Busy day.

I went to see Star Wars VII again. It was just as good the second time.

Then I went to see a Christmas Eve concert with D. It was very nice but super crowded. Tell me what you think. There were young children there. Not a lot but some. Under the age of 3. In front of us was a little guy about 18 mo. His parents were quite courteous. When he fidgeted they took him out of the theatre. I am only telling you as an example. There was another couple who had a boy a little older. He was not happy about being there. Instead of taking him all the way out of the theater (meaning into the lobby) when he fidgeted or made noise, they took him to the hallway that led from the lobby to the theater. That was where he ran up and down and yelled and made noise. During the fast numbers I didn't care but during Ava Maria and Silent Night I was annoyed. I felt like I paid for tickets to hear the concert not hear a boy yell and run around. Afterword we were talking about it with other women and they said it was us getting older and having less patience.  Honestly I don't think it is getting older. I think it is having manners. There were other families there and when their kids made noise or got rambunctious, they took them out. There was a cute girl who said loudly during a silent ASL signing of Silent Night, is this Jingle Bells. That was sweet and her parents promptly hushed her.  I had a good time but I could have had a better time.

After the concert D and I went to a lovely dinner. It was very nice of her to wrangle a table for us at a local restaurant. On Christmas Eve.

When I got home I prepped my butternut squash and beets for my dish tomorrow. Now I just have to cook everything.

I have to get some sleep.

Until Christmas tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!