Monday, January 6, 2014

GONE FROM BAD TO WORSE

Yesterday my eye was bothering me. Not too much but enough to be annoying. My fever was more annoying.

This morning I awoke to a crusty eye and intense pain. I put a hot compress on my eye and that did very little.  It hurt to look at things. It hurt when I touched it. It just plain hurt. It also watered. Now, if you are a frequent reader you know I have sjogrens. That means I don't tear. Ever.

I called my eye doctor and he told me to come in. They dialated my eye, poked and prodded. The diagnosis is: they don't know. Could be that my fever and sinus issue has caused an eye thing. Could be eye strain. The doc said it could be something that comes to light in a few days but is not clear right now. Uh, okay.

I left his office with a prescription and went to my GP office. I made an appointment for tomorrow afternoon. Let's see if I can get a different answer.

Then I went to get the prescription filled. This was all done by taxi since I didn't want to drive with an eye issue. The drug store had a mile long line. I finally get to the front of the line and the pharmacist tells me the drugs interacts with another medicine I take. There is 30 minutes of my life I can't get back!

There is nothing I can do for the pain until I see my doc tomorrow.

Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Adrienne, what bad news! And not only annoying but painful and scary, too! How are your joints doing through all this?

    I'm sending all the warmth and comfort I can muster your way. I hope whatever this is resolves today and fades away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wren. My joints are so-so. The other day my hands were killing me but today they were fine. It is hard to think if my joints when my eye feels like it has a knife in it. It is like that old joke: doctor, my shoulder hurts, the doctor steps on the guys foot. Why did you do that? Now you aren't thinking about your shoulder.

      I always do better once I know what is wrong and have a plan to fix it. It may not hurt less but I always feel better and now I do. Thanks for your good thoughts Wren.

      Delete

Would love to hear what you have to say!