Wednesday, January 15, 2014

A RUN IN WITH A SKUNK

Have you ever felt like you just can't seem to get a break? I am not feeling sorry for myself it just sort of feels like I am riding a wave. A wave of crazy stuff.

Early this morning the dogs woke everyone up barking. It was still dark out. We all went back to sleep. At 7:30 I let them out and they did the perimeter check. Where they run around sniffing every inch of the fence. Lucky began barking at something under the deck. I rushed them in the house thinking it was a cat or something. 

At around 2pm I was at work and Brenda let Happi out back. Happi ran right down under the deck and began crying and sticking her nose through the fence. Brenda went to get her just when the skunk sprayed her through the fence. The ivy and plants got most of the spray. Happi just got a little but enough to stink. The backyard STUNK! 

I called the dog washing place and rushed her over. They used some special stuff on her and now she smells like a plum. We were lucky that she didn't get sprayed worse.  


No one goes in the backyard for now. I called animal control and they said the skunks are having their babies early because of this crazy weather. Skunks spray more when they have babies. So now we have more animals in the backyard. Skunks, rats, egrets, raccoons, dogs, cats, fish. A damn zoo!

Meanwhile I spent the morning on the phone with The-Insurance-Company-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. I found out that Brenda's insurance is screwed up. She was canceled from the old plan but never put on the new plan.  After 40 minutes on hold listening to what I call the devil hold music. I had to hang up to get to work. My plan was to work it out this afternoon but then Happi met the skunk and that plan went to hell. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!