Friday, June 1, 2012

A Doctor Who Believes Me

I went to see my primary yesterday. He is back from his trip.  I found out he was not on vacation but at a conference.  I told him about the temperatures I have been having and he believed me.  He said he was concerned because, as he said, if it was anyone else he would not be concerned but I don't present like other people.  He said he thinks something is going on. Some sort of infection.  It always amazes me when the medical community catches up with my diagnosis!

Then he sent me down to get tests.  First, chest x-ray.  I swear I will start to glow pretty soon!  How many chest x-rays can a person get before it becomes detrimental?  Second, blood work. No fainting this time.  I ran into the phlebotomist that I almost fainted on last time and she was very concerned for me.  Third, peeing in a cup. 

It has been 24 hours and I have not heard anything from my doctor so I assume there is nothing wrong so far.  He said he would call with news.  I am sure all the tests will be in on Monday. 

If these tests all come back fine, the next step will be "off with the cast" to see if there is an infection.  

At least my doctor believes me.  I am so lucky!

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

Would love to hear what you have to say!