Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Rats - 1, Me - 0

The score is Rats-1 and Me-0.  I put the rat traps out the night before last and caught not a single rat.  Of course some time in the middle of the night it began to rain.  I guess rats don't like the rain. Who knew?

"Rat Trap" by Surachai

In the morning I hobbled out on one crutch to cover up the traps.  I am worried that birds will fly down and try to eat the peanut butter and get the smack down!  I don't want to catch some unwitting bird.

Tonight I try again! I want to get rid of those destructive creatures.  I am not an animal killer I am a lover.  But these vermin are killing my backyard.  I swear if I could get someone in to do this for me, I would.  They just want to put out poison and I can't have that with the pups.  They are already so curious about the covered traps I would worry having anything they could put their noses near.

So forgive me for wanting the rats to move out or risk the death in the trap.

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. Well, I love critters too, but rats are a problem. You get a couple hanging around, and before long you've got 10... then 100... Be patient. Your traps will work, particularly if you set them near where they've already done damage. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!