Friday, June 8, 2012

Friday!!

This week is almost over.  Just a few more hours.  I can't wait.  I have been burning the candle at both ends and I need a mindless break.  Last night I actually watched TV without doing any work, no computer on, no IPad on, no checking emails on my phone.  I was "unplugged" except I was watching TV so I guess I was "plugged" in one way.  I just watched some mindless TV and ate a candy bar.

A good candy bar from the great country Germany.  They make great chocolate.  It was a Ritter Sport and if you have never tried one, you have not had good chocolate.  Ritter Sports are my absolute favorite imported chocolate.  Of course if I lived in Europe I would probably have many more favorite brands of chocolate but since I live here in the USA, I have to judge on the chocolates that are imported. 

Ritter Sport is made by a company, Alfred Ritter GmbH & Co.  The company makes a 100 gram square-shaped bar that is divided into 16 smaller squares, creating a four-by-four pattern.  These bars come in 29 original varieties and they have many seasonal varieties.  This season I saw Milk Chocolate Strawberries with Cream.  My favorite is Peppermint. It is dark chocolate with creamy peppermint filling.  Yum!  Today I was at the store and they were on sale for 2 for $5.00.  I bought Alpine Milk Chocolate and Praline. I am not so sure about the Praline but they didn't have either of my favorites which are Peppermint or Cappuccino.  So I get what I get.

I think I have waxed lyrical long enough about Ritter Sport candy. If you have  sweet tooth and that sweet tooth includes chocolate, and I mean really good chocolate, find yourself a Ritter Sport.  You will not be disappointed!

Have you tried a Ritter Sport?  Did you like it?

Until tomorrow... 


4 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I love Ritter chocolate. Especially the dark choc and marzipan. I live in England our chocolate is different to yours but we also have a chain of the German supermarket Lidl so have lots of other choices.
    Mmm.... could eat one now. Isn't it great to share other things in common instead of just illness.
    Hugs
    Lorna x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorna! it is great to hear from you. You just had a fantastic celebration and are gearing up for the Olympics! Such excitement!

      yes, I believe Chocolate is a food group but I am really picky about my chocolate. When I went to Europe I did a chocolate tour. I gained 5 pounds! Thanks for writing!! best to you. adrienne

      Delete
  2. I have the strangest desire to yell out, "jinx!" Yesterday I was at a coffee shop with some friends as we headed out of town. While they were finishing their coffee orders I noticed there was some Ritter Sport chocolates for sale to the side.

    I love Ritter Sport chocolates. I was originally introduced to them when I was working in Germany in the 90's. The first night of my hotel stay there was a little chocolate on my pillow when I came back to go to bed. The next night, the same thing, but a different flavor. I was really enjoying the different flavors each night until Saturday night when the weekend guests got an entire box of Ritter Sport with small sticks of different flavors. I was so thrilled when I found a full box of chocolates and I've always thought of Germany when I see them in the store (and eat them, of course.)

    I hadn't seen them in a while and I was thinking about writing a blog post about them, hence the jinx. It's always fun to find out someone is as big a fan of something as you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We keep finding things we have in common! Here is a secret: When I travel, I keep ritter bars in my bag so I can get little pieces of chocolate no matter where I go! Have fun on your girls weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!