Thursday, June 28, 2012

Something on the Roof of My Mouth

Okay, went to see my primary doctor today.  Still have the fevers but my White Blood Count has declined. That is a good sign.  Means that if I have an infection the antibiotics worked.  The next step is to go back on the Enbrel and see what happens!  Doesn't that sound like fun?

Here is what will happen: if I have an infection, taking Enbrel will cause the infection to get bad, real fast and I will know right away where the infection is located.  If I don't have an infection, maybe being on the Enbrel will make the fevers go away.  Let's give it a try!  Just check with my RA doc and away I go.

While at the doctor's office I also pointed out a sore I have on the roof of my mouth.  He looked at it and said it was some sort of auto immune sore thing.  Not a blister like I thought.  Super! Another auto immune thing.  I forget what he called it but it is not the type of thing that will just go away on its own. Not a canker sore.  He gave me some medicated mouthwash.  Directions "Swish and spit".  Sounds so romantic!

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. I had "Swish and Spit" one time when I was young and I thought the name was so great that I didn't even complain about taking the medication.

    I had some cancer sores a while back that were painful. I was hopeful the doctor would prescribe something to help, and she said she could, but she said the best thing would be a 50/50 mix of Mylanta and liquid Benadryl. Swish and swallow and it would help. I had little faith but wow, it really helped to calm the discomfort. If you ever have a cancer sore, I highly recommend it for relief.

    As for your auto immune sore, speedy healing and tell that fever to get the heck out of town, it's overstayed it's welcome.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!