Sunday, June 10, 2012

The Traps Have Been Set

I asked my neighbor to help me.  Turns out I didn't set the rat traps correctly and I have not caught anything.  So, my neighbor came over this afternoon and wouldn't you know it, it is really easy to set the traps.  I just didn't know how!  I hooked the bar onto the wrong thing.  Now the traps are ready to snap.  Just like that show on the O Channel - Snapped!

We set five traps and now we just wait to see what happens.  We put the traps under boxes so the dogs won't get their noses caught.  My neighbor was so nice he said if he was around tomorrow morning he would even dispose of them for me.  I told him I was not squeamish and I could take care of it.

Tonight at 11 pm I will take the boxes off and see if we can catch us some pests.  Let's hope they like honey-roasted Skippy peanut butter.  I just want the rats to be gone.  Another neighbor said there is a rat poison that is in a container that dogs can't get into.  I may look into that if this doesn't work.  He said it is a box that the rats have to go into and the poison is in the box.  That way the dogs can't get into it.  It still makes me nervous.  Rat poison can be fatal to dogs.  My parents dog got into their neighbors rat poison.  They caught it in time but the dog always had medical problems stemming from it.  I would never forgive myself if anything happened to my babies from rat poison!

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!