Sunday, June 24, 2012

The Guest Has Not Arrived

I waited all night and all day and the bird didn't come out of the chimney.  I can hear the bird cooing and moving around in the flue but s/he has not come out.  Pieces of a nest keep falling down so I know s/he is up there!

The dogs keep laying in front of the fireplace with their ears perked listening to sounds coming from the chimney.  They can't figure out why there are sounds coming from the fireplace.  Sometimes they jump up and look at the fireplace in a confused way.  It is funny to see.

I just want this bird to come out before it dies of hunger or thirst!

Health Update: I am feeling much better.  I took it easy this weekend.  The flare seems to have subsided a bit.  My ankle is a bit tender today because I think I used it too much.  No pain no gain! 

Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're feeling better, Adrienne! Has the fever gone away, too?

    About the bird: Have you considered calling a chimney sweep? They have long brushes and might be able to dislodge the poor bird. They can also place some mesh over your chimney's opening so that this can't happen ever again...

    Wishing you luck as you tackle this latest beastie puzzle... ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fever is still here. 100.1 today. I went for a blood test today to see what my WBC is.

      I called a chimney sweep but they were less then helpful. Thanks for the help.

      Delete

Would love to hear what you have to say!