Friday, June 15, 2012

Rat Update

The rat pro came today and I now feel like a rat pro myself! He showed me where the rat burrows are located on the property; there are three. He showed me where the rats run along edges of the property. He showed me where to set the traps to catch the rats. I did not set the traps in the correct places which is why I didn't catch anything!

He also set out a plan to catch the maximum rats and told me how I could do it myself if I wanted to. Or I could have the rat pros come and do it. The plan is to put out 50-100 traps in one night and see how many get caught. He said looking at the amount of damage, poop, and burrows he thinks there only 12-15 rats. Not the 50-75 I thought we had. That made me feel better. I also found out that rats are a patriarchal society and the male rats kill the other male rats so they don't breed like rabbits. So rats don't multiply too quickly. They don't really travel from burrow to burrow. They also don't visit each other like on the Disney movie Ratatouille. And he assured me they don't talk or cook in French restaurants!

Tonight I set the traps in the right places and I will see what I get. Wish me luck!

Watching that high wire guy Nick Willenda walk across Niagra Falls. Crazy!

Until tomorrow..

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea how much I didn't know about rats! Good luck catching them tonight!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!