Tuesday, January 2, 2024

IS IT COSTROCHONDRITIS?

I went to see my concierge doctor today. I am still feeling pain in my throat and my chest. My doctor said to come over.

She asked me a ton of questions, examined me and decided on her diagnosis. She thinks my acid reflux is causing some of the pain but there is something else. I was starting to believe I may have costochondritis. This an inflammation in the the cartilage. Most often it is in the breast bone but not always. Her theory is that I inflamed the whole area when coughing or just from the trauma of swallowing the chip. 

I am on a soft food diet. I have a list of things to buy to try to make me feel better; throat coat tea, slippery elm, licorice, DGL, and more. Then I need to take hot baths, heating pad and not up carry heavy objects. 

I'm hoping I will feel better quickly. 

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. I also you feel better, I know it is scary to be by yourself and ill. I am hoipng for much better.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!