Monday, January 15, 2024

FINAL DAY IN FLORIDA

I only had a few hours until my flight takes off so we decided to take a walk around the neighborhood in the light rain. It was interesting to look at all the different houses and yards.

Then we went to a restaurant and had some lunch so I could have a big meal for my trip. I had my first non-meat Burger for my whole trip.

I put the last few items in my bag and we head off to the airport. It was about an hour's drive so I did a little last minute charging in the car. I was dropped off and the family member was very sweet and they walked me inside to check in my bag. For this trip I did not put my trip binder in my check the bag.

I got on the plane and there were already two women in my row. One of them was masked the other one not. About an 30 minutes after we sat down I mentioned that in a little bit I needed to get up and use the bathroom. Then the cart with drinks came by and we all got our drinks. So I waited another 25-30 minutes before I said could I please get up to use the restroom.  Both seatmates had eaten food but at that point they had finished. I asked again can I please use the restroom. The person next to me said yes. The person on the aisle asked me to wait until they come back around and pick up the trash because she didn't want to spill anything on herself. The person next to me and me so would you could put the stuff on one of our tray tables. She was adamant that I needed to wait another who knows how long to use the restroom. Now I had already been waiting for about 40 minutes at this point. I waited another 10 minutes and the person had not come around to pick up the trash and I really needed to use the restroom at this point. So I did what any rational person would do I rang the buzzer and explained that I was being held hostage and my seat until the trash had been taken. Well I guess the airplane was understaffed because the woman from the airline came out it seemed quite annoyed. She was annoying even before we explained what was going on but she did take the trash and leave. Now the person on the aisle got up and I was able to use the restroom.

The rest of the flight was less exciting until I landed. I went down to get my luggage like everybody else I'm moving behold my luggage never appeared. They make you wait until you know minutes after the carousel stops to make sure your luggage arrives. I waited but my luggage did not appear. I went to the desk they tracked it the first lady told me it was downstairs and then the second lady said it was still in Florida. I get out my iPad because I have trackers in my luggage and it was in Florida. I'm hoping they deliver it tomorrow. Years ago I stopped putting vital things in my checked luggage. If it's vital it goes in my backpack and I take it on the plane.

My travel binder I did put in my luggage on my way to Florida but on the way back I had a weird feeling and to listen to it and did not put my travel binder in my checked suitcase. I always say listen to that little gut feeling.

Overall it was a very nice trip with a mix of seeing friends, family, and doing fun things. The dog and bird come home tomorrow.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!