Friday, May 7, 2021

ONE HUNDRED TWELVE OF COOKING COURSE

 I took my second walk today.  I needed to go to the post office and mail something and pick up my mail.  So I got up early (before the post office got busy), put Lucky's harness on and we took a walk.  She was so excited.  I was less so since my one shin had the beginnings of shin splints.  I stretched but alas it didn't make a difference.  I now have shin splints in both shins.  I stretched all day to see if it got better.  I'll probably take a bath in the morning.

I tend to get shin splints easily since I was a kid.  I made a mistake when I was a teen.  I had shin splints and I decided to go ahead and run a race anyway.  Now I get shin splints pretty easily.  Young and dumb.  Just one of many things I did as a youngster that I am paying for as an adult.

I made Oven-Baked Beetroot Chips Made without Oil today.  Basically I cleaned and washed the fresh beets. Then I used a mandolin to slice them thin.  Then I added salt and spices and let them sit for 15 minutes.  Then I baked them for 25 minutes.  They came out slightly crispy.  Not like potato chips from a bag.  They are very tasty and I like them.  

I managed to do this all without getting any beet juice on my white counters.  That was the best part!  

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!