Tuesday, May 4, 2021

30TH ANNIVERSARY MOVING TO WEST COAST & DAY ONE HUNDRED TEN OF COOKING COURSE

 I can't believe I have been living on the West Coast for 30 years.  It seems like only a few months ago I moved here and then went back and got my car and drove across the country.  But I guess it was 30 years ago because I had an AM/FM/cassette radio and a portable radio/CD player in my car to listen to music during the trip.  There were no cellphones widely owned and I had to call from payphones or hotel rooms.  

I remember my first few months on the West Coast.  It didn't rain.  The first time it rained I pulled my mattress up against the window so I could fall asleep to the pitter patter of the rain.  Coming from the East Coast where it rains all summer long (summer showers and thunder storms), it was so weird to me that it didn't rain for months. It was years until I heard my first thunder storm.

I made a Japanese Sweet Potato Lentil Bowl today.  It was supposed to be made with pumpkin but there are no pumpkins this time of the year.  It was very tasty.  

It is also Star Wars Day!  May the Forth be with you!  

Today was Lucky's day at the vet.  She had her nails done (cut), her anal glands cleaned, her shots given, her blood drawn, and her teeth checked.  She has to go back in a month to get her teeth cleaned.  He said she looked good!  She was all ready when they came to the car to get her.

We sit in the car and they come to the window to consult and then they take her inside.  I got a good parking spot and hung out making phone calls while she was inside. Then they come bring her back and make you pay.  It was my first foray into the new world.  I was double masked and never left the car.  But we did walk to the mailbox when we got home.  Lucky was very excited.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!