Monday, May 24, 2021

DAY ONE HUNDRED TWENTY-SEVEN OF COOKING COURSE

 The pain in my hamstring has decreased but I wanted to be careful.  I took a short walk to make sure I didn't irritate my hamstring again.  Last thing I need is to push too hard and hurt myself.  I walked with Lucky and she was confused why we didn't go far.  She wanted to play when we got home.

I had lots to do today.  I stared at my Water Kefir.  It needed a little more time.  The grains are gathering on the bottom.

 I used some of the water kefir to make Fermented Nut Cheese.  This ended up being a masterclass in patience.  My blender is more than 30 years old and blending nuts for the 20th time in 3 months has caused it to come to the end of its life, I think.  I was putting small amounts of the nut mixture in the blender at a time and the blender was having a hard time chopping up the nuts.  My nut cheese is not smooth, it is chunky.  I left it in the jar with a cloth over it on the counter until tomorrow.

Lots of glass jars sitting on my counter waiting for the next step.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!