Wednesday, September 9, 2020

RED SKY APOCOLYPSE



This was 9:00 am. There is no filter on these photos! When I woke up this morning at 7:50 am, I would have thought it was 4 am.  It was so dark, I thought the clocks were wrong.  Then I went outside and this is what I saw: orange-yellow sky.  It was so weird to look at.  There was no smoke just this weird haze that covered the sky and sun.  It was so cold.  It was 58 degrees outside.  So funny since it was 100 degrees just two days ago. 

Then at 10:00 am I was on a zoom call and it got pitch black outside.  It was like it was the middle of the night.  My animals were confused: Lucky didn't want to get out of bed and Sunny the bird was sound asleep most of the day.  

What a day!  No one is allowed to say "what else can happen this year?"  I have never seen this before. The closest I have ever seen is the first year I was here was the year the Oakland Hills fire happened. I was on a ferry going to Sausalito with a visiting friend and we didn't know the Oakland Hills were on fire.  The sky was a weird yellow/orange color and we looked over and the Hills were on fire.  It was a crazy scene.  

Today the dog walker did not take Lucky because he was worried the coyotes would think it was nighttime and come out hunting in the park.  He wanted to keep Lucky safe!  

Hopefully tomorrow will be better for everyone and they get the fire(s) under control. My friend A has a fire very close to her house and has her car packed and ready to go.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!