Thursday, September 3, 2020

DELIVERY MISHAP

 After painstakingly getting the lock changed on the gate and having the alarm company come and getting the lock box, do you think the fruit and veggie delivery guy put the fruit and veggie box inside the gate last night? The answer is a resounding NO.   

Luckily I was awake when he delivered it early (I thank them for that) at around midnight.  I heard the thump when he dropped the box down.  I looked through my camera and saw the box and went upstairs to see if he was still there (in my pajamas). He was in his truck organizing the rest of his boxes.  I called out to him and asked him if he had instructions telling him to use the lock box on this gate to put the box inside the gate.  He looked and said YEAH.  So, why didn't you???  I didn't see them.  Oh, okay.

I took the box inside and darn it, I didn't get my cauliflower.  I think it was the full moon.

This morning I emailed the company and got a call back almost immediately asking me for more information.  The very nice person wanted to hear the whole story (I couldn't write it all in the complaint because they only allowed 300 characters) and was annoyed that the person "had no common sense" considering the lock box was in the photo he took when he dropped off the box.  She was also annoyed he was not wearing a mask this week or last week against company protocol. Last week he came within 6 feet of me also against company protocol.  Just to be clear, I had my back to him installing the lock box on the gate and he walked up on me and before I could get inside, he was too close to me. The Rep said she would have his supervisor talk with him. I also got a refund for the cauliflower that was missing.  Oh, well.  What can I do? 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!