Wednesday, September 16, 2020

HAPPY NAME DAY TO ME

The sky is clear.  The air is green.  The air is now a 9.  Last week it was a 400.  I hear it may even rain.  It is so nice to finally be able to breathe outside. Lucky was so happy outside today.  She went with the dog walker and rolled in the grass.  I guess there was something in the grass that was stinky and I had to give her a bath when she came home. Two baths in a week.  

Today is my Name Day. A name day is a European thing.  It consists of celebrating a day of the year that is associated with one's given name. It is celebrated like your birthday.  Well, today is my name day.  A special day just for me.  I am going to celebrate by eating some vegan chocolate ice cream.  

Today my doorbell rang and it was Amazon.  I had them drop the boxes on the steps like I always do.  I was on the phone so I just brought the boxes in after the person left and didn't look at them.  A while later I opened a box thinking it was my batteries and it wasn't.  I was confused.  It was someone else's boxes.  The boxes were delivered to my address but the label was to an address that didn't exist and to a person I never heard of.  I called Amazon (god, getting through was a nightmare) and they said they would cancel this order and contact this person and resend the items.  They said don't bother sending them back, just keep them or donate them.  What a crazy business model that it costs less to have you keep the items than have you send them back.  

I know at this point you are asking WHAT DID YOU GET?  I got a set of mint green towels, a very nice door mat that says HELLO, and some Bamba floor cleaner.  The towels are not my color and are pretty thin so I will give those away or donate.  The doormat I will keep if I can't donate to fire victims. The Bamba I can use since I have all wood floors.  Not any stuff I need but I could use some of it if I can't give it away.  Happy Name Day to me!

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!