Saturday, August 16, 2014

ANYONE KNOW HOW TO PUT AIR IN A BICYCLE TIRE?

It is a sad state of affairs. Today I tried to put air in my bicycle tire on my own and it ended up in a nearly flat tire.  I am sure you are asking how?

First the tire pressure gauge would not work. It kept reading 5. I know the tire had more air in it than 5.  So I kept testing.  That was mistake number one. Each time air leaked out.

Then I got out my foot pump and hooked it on and tried pumping.  It didn't seem to be doing anything so I stopped. At that time my chatty neighbor came by and we, well, chatted. For awhile.  I never took the pump off the tire. So the whole time we chatted the air was leaking out.  That was mistake number two.

At that point I gave up.  Brenda offered to help me tomorrow.  Ergh!

We got our first tomato. It is small but it us a tomato. We also had a green one fall off.  I also picked some lemons. As you can see everything is tiny. On the West Coast we call it drought size.



Went for a walk with Brenda.

Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. I exploded a bike tire while filling it with air at a gas station when I was 10. My ears rang for hours afterward.

    Scared the you-know-what out of me. Ruined the tire, of course. I never had the courage to try it again.

    Sorry, no idea how to fill a bike tire. But persevere, m'friend. I know it can be done! Just not by me. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was careful putting the air in the tire. I thought of your story!!

      Delete

Would love to hear what you have to say!