Saturday, November 23, 2013

PROGRESSIVES OR READING GLASSES?

Okay, a sign that you are getting old is that your hair turns gray. Your middle gets a little thick. Your feet get a bit flat. And you can't see the menu in a dimly lit restaurant.

Yup, I am talking about reading glasses.  I have been having a harder time seeing for about a year. First it was seeing the playbill in the theatre. It is so dark I could not follow along.  Then it was reading small print with my glasses. I can read the print perfectly fine without my glasses. I just have to take them off to read.  Then this week I was doing payroll for a client and I was having a hard time seeing some of the time sheets. Now in my defense, some of the time sheets are in 6 or 8 font size. I doubt a 20 year old could read it easily! 

I have come to the realization that my life would be easier if I would just give in and get reading glasses of some kind. Brenda thinks I should get the progressives. She thinks changing glasses is a pain in the butt. Brenda has progressives and she has gotten used to them. Although we always joke about how she moves her head up and down to see. 

I dye my hair. I have arch supports in my shoes. And now I will have reading glasses. It is all down hill from here. What's next? Depends?

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!