Sunday, November 24, 2013

PREP FOR THANKSGIVING

Like everyone else I am getting ready for Thanksgiving.  Since it is just Brenda and I there isn't a ton of preparation.  I still have to cook but I don't have to cook for a ton of people.  I also don't have to have the house spotless. 

I am planning on cooking some of the food the day before.  I did this last year and it worked out.  I am going to cook my acorn squash and the corn bread the day before then all we have to do is heat it up.  Then on Thanksgiving we only have to cook is the Cornish hen (Brenda eats these since a turkey would last her a month!), green beans, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy. 

Today I did the food shopping.  I went really early and the store wasn't too crowded.  It was also well stocked at 9 am.  The only thing I couldn't find was wild rice.  I am sure you are wondering why I need wild rice.  I am putting wild rice in my acorn squash. 

Then after food shopping I did a little Christmas shopping.  I found a great present for my dad and got Brenda a gift I get her every year.  I had this sales person who was the most cheerful person I have met in a long time.  She was over the top cheerful!  I was only going to buy 3 of the item and when I got to the check out, I had 6 of them!  She was so good I had not realized she talked me into getting 6.  On the bright side, it was a buy 3, get three free deal.  I was going for the buy 1 get 2 free deal. 

Thanksgiving weekend will be a working weekend: Christmas prep, party prep, work and taking care of that darn hot tub!  Oh, yeah and some relaxation!

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!