Tuesday, November 26, 2013

DEADLINES

Deadlines are a fact of life. Recently I was in a situation where some folks had a deadline to get some papers turned in. The deadline was announced. A reminder was sent out. The deadline approached and 20% of the papers were turned in. I called, I emailed. By 5pm 80% of the papers were turned in.  A week went by and those 20% finally turned in their papers.  The papers were healthcare enrollment applications and all the applications had to be sent to the carrier as a group so one person being late meant the whole group was late.

I was frustrated. I was brought up that a deadline is a deadline especially for something as important as healthcare paperwork. I don't understand people who are given a deadline and just completely ignore it.  It is one thing if you don't understand the directions or have questions but to completely blow it off, that is unacceptable. 

This discussion makes me think of the impending deadline for the ACA. December 15th is coming quickly and I need to get the forms filled out and make sure my doctors and meds are on the medical plan. 

Until tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!