Saturday, November 23, 2013

FRIENDSHIP AND SHOPPING

Today I went shopping with my friend A. We met up at a mall halfway between our houses and spent the day walking around a mall. I was supposed to do more Christmas shopping but I didn't get much. I got something for my friend B. We always get gag gifts so I found this funny book.  I got some candy for another relative.  I was going to get a puzzle for another relative but wasn't so sure that person had already done that puzzle.  I got a book for a little person who's birthday is coming up.

Then I found a treasured book from my childhood to give at a future date because the little people are still too little. I don't want to spoil the surprise. I had to buy it because in the past I have found something I really like and I didn't buy it and instead I waited. Then six months later I can't find it, can't remember where I found it, it no longer exists, or it is out of stock. So now when I see something that is rare, I buy it and store it away in a drawer with a sticky note on it.  I do the same with cards. I find great greeting cards throughout the year and I buy them and put post-it's on them with people's names. That way I know who they go to.

After all the gift buying, I bought myself a new bag to carry my IPad. The bag I bought last year doesn't work with this new IPad cover.  This new bag I like better anyway.

After shopping, A and went to PF Changs and had a late lunch. The new winter menu has a quinoa fried rice that is really tasty. We stayed for hours talking and looking at photos.

The only thing that was stressful besides my Crohn's issues kicking up; was that toward the end my hips hurt so badly I could hardly walk. But I made it!!

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!