Monday, November 18, 2013

GAS

Yes, I am going to talk about passing gas. I was taught to say "passing gas". So much better than "farting".  It is a natural thing but not something one does loudly and in crowds.  And if it smells bad you blame it on the dog.  My neighbor growing up called it "dropping roses".  

I never thought that much about passing gas until I got Crohn's Disease.  Now I have wild bouts of gas that lasts weeks. I have yet to figure what to do about it other than watch what I eat. No brussel sprouts or cauliflower for me.  Stick to potatoes and oatmeal. 

Have you seen those PSAs on TV for Crohn's disease? The actor (I can't remember who he is) talks about how Crohn's effects many people and the sufferers don't talk about it because the symptoms are so unpleasant.  That always makes me laugh.  If I really wrote about my Crohn's symptoms I would lose my blog followers!

For now I hope the gas will pass and leave me alone.  I can only cover up having gas for so long. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!