Monday, November 11, 2013

FAILED COOKING EXPERIMENT AND SHOPPING TRIP

Tonight I tried to make a chickpea pot pie. It was all going well until I put it in the oven.  Unfortunately the puff pastry top sunk into the inside of the pot pie and didn't cook.  It makes for a very uninviting photo but a fairly tasty dish (minus the portions of the top that are not cooked,)  next time I will have to make the rue better to thicken up the pot pie inside. Then the top will not sink in and will get brownish and crispy. 




I went shopping and bought myself a new biking backpack. I was going to wait for Christmas but it seems to be discontinued and the newer version is bigger. I didn't want a bigger backpack. I liked this one. So I went and bought the last one.  It is a great biking pack. It has a place to put a water system if I ever get good enough to go on a long ride. It also has a cover for rain. I can hang a light on it and it has pockets for sunglasses, ID, money, keys, etc. it is also light and has a great back so I don't sweat from wearing it.


Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!