Monday, September 2, 2013

SLAMMED BY A TRUCK

Today we went to a park where there were food trucks parked. It started out as a nice sunny day but it quickly became overcast. We stayed for about one and one-half hours. Brenda had some really good fried chicken and I had the one vegan dish. It was a quinoa, potato salad with lemon vinaigrette. It was tasty just not filling. Then we shared a slice of plum/raspberry pie.  We were disappointed the kettle corn folks were not there. That kettle corn was really good a few weeks ago at the kite festival.

Then when I got home I was going to eat a bit and then go to REI to look at bike stuff. But I could not get off the couch. I had that overwhelming exhaustion, achy bones, my skin hurt (not from sunburn) and I could not stay awake. I slept until 5pm.  I have not had this happen in quite awhile. I didn't have it the day of the kite festival or yesterday when I cleaned out the pond. I am wracking my brain to try and figure out what is different. Today I wore shorts and I used sunscreen on my face. At the kite festival I forgot sunscreen and I wore Capri pants. Today I forgot to put my hat on right away. Last time I had my hat on from the minute I got out of the car. Last time I drank more because I brought my own food and ate popcorn which is salty. Maybe that had something to do with it.

For dinner I made this awesome roasted cauliflower, broccoli & sun-dried tomato salad with chickpeas. It is really tasty. I love me some roasted broccoli and cauliflower. All the ingredients just come together to have a little vegetable party in my mouth. 

Happy Labor Day!

Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. Could that overwhelming fatigue be caused by lupus, Adrienne? I know RA can do that, too, but it seems like you've had the RA under fair control, lately.

    Anyway, I hope you're feeling more energetic today. And glad you enjoyed your time at the park, even if they didn't have much choice of vegan food for you. That salad looks delicious!

    AND... wow. From the title of this post I was afraid you'd been in an accident with a truck! (grinning) I'm glad that isn't the case! Have a great week! ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi I was tested for lupus months ago and it came up negative. I thought I had lupus too. I guess with all things that have happened to me lately it isn't so shocking to think I would have an accident with a truck! Ha ha. Happy Labor Day!

      Delete

Would love to hear what you have to say!