Monday, September 16, 2013

NEW HEALTH CARE LAWS

There are new health care laws going into effect soon.  Some have already taken effect. 

My question is can anyone keep these changes straight?  Does anyone know about these changes?  Does anyone understand any of this?  I mean, I am a fairly intelligent person.  I have a graduate degree.  I am completely confused.

Supposedly small business owners are supposed to send out a letter by 10/1 telling their employees about health care options.  But then I get a notice telling me (as a small business owner) that I don't have to send the letter since the government changed its mind.  Do I send the notice or don't I send the notice?  Who knows.

When do the major changes take effect?  Does anyone have a timeline that maps out all these changes and let's us know what we need to do?  Or is it all sort of organic?  You know figure it all out as you go along.  Sort of like Medicare or Social Security.  I tried to help someone who was turning 65 figure out Medicare and Social Security; I swear you talk about difficult!  I have an advanced degree and I felt like a moron.  I don't know how older folks figure it out. 

Well, there is my rant about the upcoming health care stuff.  I have health care but I don't know how it will be effected by these changes.  Or what those changes mean.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!