Thursday, September 19, 2013

RENTAL CAR

I had to take my car in to the shop today to get it fixed. Over the weekend I was driving at dusk and I turned on my lights. When I usually turn on my lights my dash lights also come on. This time I got nothing. Complete darkness. It was  weird driving and not being able to see the speedometer or clock or odometer or radio.  I have a manual transmition so it was weird to not be able to see my tachometer.

So into the shop it went. I had to get a rental car for the day. The rental car place ran out of cars and I
Had a choice between a truck and a minivan. I chose this giant Dodge Grand Caravan minivan. It could have held half of my family!  I felt like I was driving a school bus.  Huge!  I normally drive a little red convertible.

Anyway, I made it home alive and with no accidents. My dashboard got fixed. Next week my breaks need to be fixed. If it isn't one thing it is another!

Until tomorrow...

3 comments:

  1. Adrienne,

    Too funny about the giant minivan.I cannot drive small cars. One time, I had a rental Mazda 3 and my hips and knees started to ache. I am so used to driving an SUV or mini-van that I have forgotten how to deal with driving a small car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny what folks get used to. I have been thinking about buying a new car but I can't find one I like. So I keep putting money into my 12 year old car! It is in really good condition and just hit 60,000 miles. I keep telling myself soon I have to get a new car...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one brother! Buy or rent a car, one thing you should keep in mind that you must drive slowly because you don't have enough practice on the car. So, the chances of getting an accident is high.

    Regards,
    Arnold Brame

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!