Monday, September 16, 2013

HALF OF THE JOB DONE

I have been putting off a distasteful task for way too long now. Every month I need to invoice my clients. This is the most distasteful part of being a consultant and owning my own business.  I am behind two months of invoicing. Today I put aside everything and invoiced my biggest client for July and August. I am also on track to invoice them on-time for September. Tomorrow night I will start invoicing my smaller clients for the last two months.

I know my clients are good for it. I also know I should never get this far behind. Things get forgotten and I lose out. If I haven't written it down I can't remember every little phone call or document written. I always feel better once I get caught up. Then I promise I won't get so far behind again. 

I know what you are thinking. Don't I need the money? Heck yeah! I have been borrowing from Peter to pay Paul until I get paid.  More discipline is what I need. Or more time!

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!