Thursday, September 5, 2013

GOOD DEED FOR THE DAY

Today I was leaving a client's office when I looked down.  On the ground I saw what looked like a bank credit card.  I stopped and did a double take.  It could not be a credit card.  But it was.  It was also a transit card and another card.  I picked it up immediately and looked around.  No one was on the sidewalk.  I quickly tucked the cards in my pocket and looked around for a police officer.  I was in an area where there are lots of cops.

On the way to my car I ran into no cruisers so I decided to go to a police station around the corner.  A few minutes later I pulled up to what I thought was a police station.  It turns out it was a police union shop and a police uniform and supply pick up location but there were plenty of police officers in attendance.  I went up to an officer and told him I found a bank card around the corner and needed to know what to do with it.  He jokingly said "You didn't use it?  That is what everyone else would do."  I told him I am not like everyone else.  I am one of the few honest folks! 

He took down my information and asked me where I found it, etc.  Then he took the cards.  I jokingly asked him what was stopping him from using the card to go shopping?  He said he was well paid and didn't need to use it. 

So I guess I did my good deed for the day.  I hope the person gets their stuff back.  I sure hope they were not mugged or anything.  Maybe they just dropped it but it seems weird that it would be three cards if they dropped it. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!