Saturday, April 22, 2023

ROAD TRIP

Today I drove to see my old foster kid. It was supposed to be less than 2 hr drive one way that turned into a 2.5 hr drive there and 3 hr back. I decided to take Lucky rather than leave her home alone. We had her new car seat that is bigger, she can lay down and I can put a little bowl of water inside. 

We had to stop part way there so Lucky and I (but mostly Lucky) could pee. Once we got to our destination, we could only stay for about 20 minutes because we got there so late and I saw the line of traffic going the other way. We had a quick visit, stretched out legs and got back in the car. 

The ride back was very little fun. I luckily brought good music with me. Yes, I have an old car with a radio, tape deck, and CD cartridge player (has 6 CDs in it). No place to plug in a phone or iPod and no Sirius satellite. Before you ask, I do have electric windows. 

Lucky had a hard time on the way there since she was on the side of the car with the sun. Part of the way there I got out my expandable sun shield and used it to give her some shade. On the way back she napped a bit. 
This is her new car seat. It is big enough that she can lie down and I can put a little bowl of water. 

Once we got back, the gardener was there and he cleaned up after the raccoon mess. Then he weeded and helped me plant the seeds in my garden. I know I am capable of planting seeds but I needed him to lift and spread the soil and then install the drip system. 

I planted lettuce, green beans, carrots, and cucumbers. Before you get excited, I just put a few seeds of each item. It is a small garden and we discussed it and determined it was better to plant a few of each thing . I am also going to plant yellow zucchini and a tomato plant but I need more soil to do that. Listen, the worst that happens is nothing comes up. It is my time that is wasted. I have more seeds and I can try again. It is only April. 

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. Dear homeowner, put out corn, lettuce, and any fruits, or vegetables................ The Raccoons

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!