Friday, April 28, 2023

PRE-AUTHORIZATION?

What a day. I decided late last night to call first thing this morning and double check the insurance for the MRI first thing on Monday. I ended up calling at lunchtime after a meeting and found out the pre-authorization is pending. I called and called the doctor's office but no one was there. I called the MRI location again and they suggested I postpone it. I called the insurance company again and was told this location is out-of-network (which I was told it was in-network). Then I was told that I had a high deductible and this cost would fall under that deductible and I would be paying 100% out-of-pocket even if I had a pre-authorization. So I made the decision to go forward with the MRI. 

In between all the phone calls I invoiced clients to keep my mind off things. 

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. When you find that your entire procedure is less than your deductible and co-pay is a great time to do some serious billing.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!