Saturday, April 1, 2023

ROAD TRIP #2

The day started with me putting on my dirty clothes from yesterday and going outside to clean the bird's cage. Since it has been cold and rainy, I have not been able to take the bird cage outside to clean it. Instead I have to do a quick clean inside. This method is quicker but does not get the cage quite as clean. 

I take the cage outside, spray it with the bird cage spray and then hose it down. Then I put the pieces in the sunshine to dry. This time I took Lucky with me and she just hung out. Yes, I put the bird somewhere safe. He has a little travel cage that I use to take him to the pet store to get his nails and beak trimmed. 

After cleaning the bird cage and taking a shower (a necessity after the dirty bird cage), Lucky and I went on another road trip. This one was not so far. We went to a fun open space where people bring their dogs, fly kites, paraglide, and hike. I had been there once before with a friend and her baby. I took a really great photo of a hawk. 

Today it was super busy being a Saturday. We lucked out with a parking spot and walked about a mile. This time I brought water and Lucky's collapsible water dish.  I also brought my old 35mm camera and took some photos. 

While we were at this open space, I received more lab results. It was a mixed bag. One of the lab results does not look good but I am trying not to read anything into it until I hear the results from the doctor. I am hoping she does not make me wait until our appointment six weeks from now. 

Anyway, this was Lucky this evening. I think I broke her. She didn't want to get up to go to bed. 
Tomorrow we need to stay home and let her rest. It's been a long time since she has had this much concentrated exercise. 

Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. what a busy day for sure. Can i stay home with you and Lucky wile here in Indiana. I just checked, Sheryl said no. Never mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure Lucky would love to hang out with you for the day. She loves to nap. :)

      Delete

Would love to hear what you have to say!