Saturday, April 8, 2023

MARCH AND PROTEST

Today I went to my first march and protest in three years. I should say I kind of went. I was waiting to hear from the contractor so I was late. I took a taxi down to the meeting site and missed step off (which means the first step of the march kind of like kick off).  I had the taxi take me to the ending site of the march and walked back a few blocks and there they were. I walked a few blocks chanting with everyone else. Then we arrived at the stage and speakers where I stayed on the fringes for a while and then took a cab home. 

I was masked the whole time and stayed away from most people. We were outdoors and it was breezy. It was only one hour of being around people. I am sure I will be fine. 

It felt great to be out and active again. Of all the things I missed during the last three years, not being able to join the marches and protests was the hardest. George Floyd, Briana Taylor, Ahmaud Arbery,  BLM, prochoice, and the list goes on. 

Drag is an art form. Trans rights are human rights. That is all I'm going to say.  

Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. Oh great I love a good protest march. Protest for me next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will protest for anyone, well, almost anyone. Depends on the cause. LOL

      Delete

Would love to hear what you have to say!