Thursday, August 15, 2019

UPDATE ON HAPPI

I spoke to the doctor about Happi today.  It was just an update phone call.  I told him how Happi is doing.  He seemed pleased.  I loved his quote:  She is a medical miracle.  She has been through so much and she is still so happy and chugging along.  He prescribes medicine and she reacts the exact opposite then how she is supposed to.  It baffles him every time. 

We decided that since she has become a professional pill spitter (she now spits her pills half way across the room when I give them to her) maybe I should cut down the pills.  I am almost stopping the suculfrate which I was giving 3 times a day.  I had stopped the glucosamine but then I started it up again when she started taking them again (they taste like liver, yum!).  But now I am adding Galliprant which is an antiinflammitory.  It makes her sleep.  Some times she gets very anxious for some reason we can't figure out and if I give her this she calms down.

Overall the urinary stuff has calmed down and since it has been cause by her stomach and that is better; all is good.  She is eating better and has put weight back on, still not her fighting weight but not like the skeleton dog she was there for a while.

Her ear infection is cleared up and that will not give her back any of her hearing and that is sad.  I still talk to her even if she can't hear me.  Some things she can hear.  I dropped a hammer next to her and she jumped up.  It was probably the vibrations.  But if I come home, she doesn't even wake up.

I know she is on the decline.  I want her to have a cushy end of life since her beginning was so traumatic.  She deserves that.

Until tomorrow. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!