Sunday, August 25, 2019

HULU AND CLEANING THE GARAGE

For the past four days I have had a problem with Hulu.  I have been so in love with Hulu I tell everyone how much I adore it.  I am so happy I got rid of most of my cable and as soon as a few final channels are picked up by Hulu or are made so I can purchase separately, I will get rid of cable all together. 

For the past four days I have not been in love with Hulu.  I have been getting a Network Error every time I click on it.  At first I thought they were having an issue, so I would just watch something else.  It was Thursday late at night so I didn't think anything of it.  It continued into Friday and I thought okay they are still having a problem, I am sure someone has called in and complained, it will be fixed by tomorrow.  Saturday I was away all day and when I came home it still was not working.  I was too tired to do anything about it.  I was really annoyed now.

Today is Sunday and first thing I called.  The first customer service person spent an hour going over all the steps (most of which I already did on Saturday night by myself) but I am willing to do them with the person to show it didn't work. She insisted that my internet provider was not giving me enough Mbps (megabites per second).  I told her it was plenty a week ago why is it now not enough.  She could not answer.  She insisted that I had to disconnect all the Roku's that I had except the one I was watching and that would work.  While we were on the phone, I got it to work for a short time so we hung up and it immediately stopped working.

Call number 2.  I got a smarter more experienced customer service person this time around and she did not make me do the rounds of restarting and unplugging.  Instead she listened and agreed with me that it can't be my internet because in between phone calls I disconnected almost everything and it still didn't work so that theory didn't fly.  She agreed that it had to be the Rokus.  Some upgrade must have happened that caused Hulu to not work and I am the first person to complain.  I must watch too much TV, is that what she was saying??  No judgement. 

She elevated the problem and told me she would call me back before her shift ended.  I know.  I have heard that before too.  I really didn't think it would happen but it did!  She called me back to tell me that phone calls have been flooding in!  I was just the first.  I always wanted to be the first in something (probably not this).  Now the tech staff is taking my complaint seriously.  They should have it fixed in a few hours.  Yahoo!  It helps to be diligent, an advocate, a nag, a pain in the ass, whatever you want to call it. 

While I was waiting for the second customer service person to call me back, I started working in the garage to get my mind off things.  I was already doing laundry and changed my sheets.  I decided that this weekend I would work on my workbench.  When I moved in my house the previous owners left a workbench.  I thought what will I do with a workbench?  Well, it has become like a exercise bike and clothes.  Everything gets dropped on the workbench.  Papers, broken things, various nails and screws, mail, etc.  I took everything off the top and bottom of the workbench and organized it, cleaned it, threw stuff away and put stuff back.  I wish I took a before photo but just image two layers of junk on the top and more junk on the bottom.  Here is the finished product.

I didn't get so crazy as to organizing the screws and nails and such but that is a task for another day.  I am working on the macro not the micro right now.  Two sides of the garage done.  Now I have to work on the middle.  That will take a bit longer.  I figure if I work for 1-2 hours each weekend I will get through it in a month more.  I need to take a bunch to donate and clear out some space. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!