Sunday, August 18, 2019

PROJECTS WITH MY BROTHER

Today was a very productive day.  With my brother B's help I moved my alarm sensor to another location that will, hopefully, not go off when Happi moves around.  It is no longer pointed at the stairs so it should be good.

Then B helped me install my nest camera.  It is replacing another security camera that is good but not as good as the nest will be.  The old camera is not supposed to be used outdoors and is not as good at picking up all the action.  The area the camera is in is outdoors but in an alcove so it is practically indoors.  There is no rain and very little wind.  Because I live in a moderate climate it doesn't get too cold or too hot.  I did buy an outdoor camera this time though.  The installation was a success and I can see clearly now.  Just to make sure no one steals it, I used zip ties to chain it to a little table and to the outdoor outlet.  Good luck trying to steal my camera.  Try to get a table through my metal gate.  I have had my old camera sitting on the table for years and no one tried to steal it.  I always had the cord wrapped around the table legs just in case.

The old camera will go for now in my office.  I am not sure what I will eventually use it for.  I may put it at the bottom of the stairs to monitor Happi when I am not home.  She still goes up and down but it is getting more and more precarious.

Thank you brother B.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!