Wednesday, August 28, 2019

SHOWING UP

Today I rushed to be somewhere by a certain time to attend a function that I didn't want (or have time) to attend.  But I made the commitment and it was important for me to be there.  So I showed up on time.

The person who came up with the idea for and organized this function emailed to say he would not be coming.  No important excuse.  No, my car broke down, my kid got sick, my dog had to go to the vet.  Nothing.  Just an email that said "you wouldn't mind if I passed on the function, right?  I have something else to do."

So, now I am stuck going to the function and I am now in charge of running it and paying for it.  All for a function I didn't want to have anything to do with to begin with and it wasn't my idea.

I handled it and I made the best of it.  We all had a good time in the end.

My day was lost at that point.   Now I was far behind on the work I was supposed to be getting done.

I think that when you say you are going to show up for something, you should show up.  Unless there is an emergency, you should show up.  Dropping your responsibilities on someone else just ruins their day and puts them behind in their day.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!