Sunday, August 4, 2019

BIRTHDAY PICNIC IN THE PARK

Today was my friends birthday picnic. It was held in a botanical garden. I really wanted to go and I got up and went to the supermarket to buy food to take. These folks are not the sandwich and chips kid of picnic people. I already showed up once with a sandwich and chips and was embarrassed.  They all had champagne and Bloody Marys and charcuterie trays (on wood boards) and exotic cheeses and fancy bread.  Not a homemade pasta salad to be found.

This year I was not going to be called out. I bought containers that I needed and could use so I could bring small amounts of food. I brought an orzo salad, a wrap sandwich, olives, sundried tomato hummus, beet crackers, cherry tomatoes, and strawberries.  I looked fancy. I had tons of food and shared some. I stayed for my usual 45 min -1 hr when I don’t know anyone.

I went and sat in the park for a while and called my cousin. We had a nice talk and then I went home.

It was a nice day on a foggy and sunny day.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!