Monday, March 11, 2019

THE INSURANCE-COMPANY-WHO-SHALL-NOT-BE-NAMED SUCKS

The INSURANCE-COMPANY-WHO-SHALL-NOT-BE-NAMED is a pain in the butt. I have been trying to get on Orencia for about three months now. They keep denying.

Last spring we decided I should go on Orencia. I had to get the Shinrex shots first. There was a shortage of the shots. I finally got a shot in October (that is 6 months later). Then I had to wait two months to get the second shot. But I had a weird reaction with the first shot so I waited a bit longer, to January. That was the day I slipped and fell in the rain and fractured my wrist and tore my rotator cuff.

Now I finally had the shots I could get Orencia. The INSURANCE-COMPANY-WHO-SHALL-NOT-BE-NAMED said I had to go on Enbrel first. For long time readers you might remember I was on Enbrel for about 10 years from when it first came out. Then I got meningitis and spent 6 days in the hospital and almost died. I had to get off Enbrel. Humira is the same type of medicine. So I can't take either if them.

I get a letter stating I have to try Enbrel first. Huh??  I call and say what are you talking about. Look in your records.  They say the doctor has to write an appeal.

I go to the doctors office and my doctor says maybe we put you on another medicine. Now I am angry. I want him to fight. I ask him where I contact someone and appeal. I may have to change RA doctors. He is nice but nice is not getting it done.

Anyway I am beyond irritated.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!