Monday, March 4, 2019

PHOTO MONTAGE

For my birthday party I made a photo montage that I played on loop on my TV on mute during the party.  People would come into the room and just watch the photos go by.  There were photos from when I was a baby all the way through to today.  

Today was the anniversary of my Uncle Joe's passing.  I thought of him and his wife Aunt Doris this weekend because they were in one of the photos in the montage.  I thought about the fun times I had at their farm.  They owned a farm not super far from where I grew up.  We would go over to visit and we would get to play on the farm.  My younger brother and I loved to have adventures in the forest part of the farm.  We would swim in the creek and make a fort in an old cabin.  One time we were swimming in the creek and the largest frog lifted it's head and scared the bejeesus out of us.

My favorite memory is one Christmas we were visiting and the cows got out.  (Oh, did I forget to mention that it was a working farm.  They had cattle and bulls.)  They got a call saying their cows were all in the street.  So my Uncle and someone else went to corral them back in the pasture.  The cows have to come down the driveway to go back in the pasture but there is a fork in the road that goes one way to the barn/pasture and the other way to the house.  I (with my cousin) had to stand at the fork in the road and yell and wave my arms to keep the cows going to the barn/pasture.  It was quite fun and unforgettable.

I miss going to my Uncle Joe's farm and I miss Uncle Joe. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!