Wednesday, March 20, 2019

FLAT TIRE #2

Today I was driving to a client meeting at 1 pm.  I was driving down a surface road and some guy in a car pulled up next to me and started yelling something at me and pointed at the rear of my car.  I pulled over my first chance.  I looked at my blinkers and they worked.  I could not check my break lights by myself.  I didn't see anything else so I drove on my way.

I got on the freeway and started to hear "thump, thump, thump".  I got over to the first exit and pulled off.  I drove off the exit and slipped into the small slice of shoulder on the exit, threw on my emergency blinkers and called AAA.  I called my client and told them what happened.

A complication was that I have locked lug nuts.   I have a special key that unlocks them so no one can steal my tires.  When I had my accident months ago, I took everything out of my car when I took it to the body shop and never put the items back in the trunk.  I thought the lug nut lock was in the pile of things waiting to be put back in the trunk.  That would have meant I would have had to get the car towed to the tire place or the dealer and then I would have to figure out how to get the lug nut lock at home.

I waited outside the car as is suggested by the professionals and listened to some music.  I walked up and down and danced while I waited.   About 45 minutes later a Freeway tow truck showed up and changed my tire.  He found the lug nut lock in the trunk of my car with the Mickey Mouse spare.

I got in my car and drove to the tire place and got a new tire right away.  While I was there I noticed that the tail light on the same side as the tire was out.  So now I don't know if the guy was yelling at me that my tail light was out or that my tire was going flat.  I can't believe I could have driven that far with a flattening tire so it must have been about the tail light being out.  Maybe when I pulled over to check the car I ran over a nail?  Who knows.

The nice guy at the tire place fixed my tail light for free so now I have no problems.  I was too late for the meeting and rescheduled it for Friday so I went home and took Happi for a walk.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!