Tuesday, March 5, 2019

CHANGE IN HAPPI'S MEDICINE

I had a long talk with Happi's doctor today.  We decided it was time to take a more drastic step with Happi's medicine.

We put her on the special (read stinky and expensive) food.  She liked it at first but now she barely eats it.  Now the question is does she not like it or does she not feel like eating?

We put her on Forta Flora which is doggie probiotics.  She ate it at first but then she would not eat it.

We put her on this bitter powder medicine.  She hated it on the food but now I put it in a pill pocket and she eats it.  I can't give her the full dose but she gets almost 1/2 dose.

We gave her succulfrate and she takes that 3 x a day.  She is fine with that.

I occasionally give her Galliprant as an anti inflammatory.

The new plan is:

5 mg of Prednisone (she is now taking more than I am!)  It will make her eat!

Keep giving the bitter powder medicine.

Keep giving her succulfrate

NO Galliprant.

If I can give her the Forta Flora again, great!

We will see if that calms the IBS more effectively.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!