Saturday, March 2, 2019

PARTY DAY

Today is the day of my party.  I have been planning this for months.  I skipped having a holiday party because my brother's wedding was in early December and traveling in early December didn't leave much time to plan and execute a holiday party.  Instead I decided to have a birthday party.

Since I can't raise my arm or lift anything heavy with my wrist, my two friends S and A came over early to help me decorate, vacuum and carry things around.  A was a super decorator and she made the place sparkle.  There was a red room with all red decorations and a multi-color room.  There was a doorway with circle things hanging.  The whole place looked great.  A also vacuumed the whole place which was above and beyond.  S helped with decorating, carrying stuff up from the garage and  food pick up.  They were the best!  I could not have done it without them.

Lucky was sent away with the dog walker and his daughter.


I think Lucky found a new friend. I hear they played together and slept together.  Lucky is surprisingly really good with kids.

I think everyone had a good time.  Even though I said no presents, some folks brought gifts which was nice.  It was a costume party and about 3/4 of the folks dressed in costume.  It was a 1960's party. I went as a beatnik.  I think I looked great.  There was a lot of tie dyed.  One dashiki.

There was so much food.  I got hummus, dolmas, falafel, two kinds of skewers (sesame tofu and teriyaki squash) and tea sandwiches with hummus & avocado and tofu spread and cucumber.  Then there were cupcakes.  I made alcohol and non-alcohol punch.

Folks ate, talked and then we played charades. I have not played charades in years!  It was fun.

I think folks had a good time and I remembered to take photos.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!