Monday, March 18, 2019

TDAP HYPERSENSITIVITY

This morning I called the doctor and he said I have a hypersensitivity reaction to the Tdap shot.  I am not exactly clear on why this happened but I have been told I may not be able to get a Tdap shot again.  The CDC recommends that anyone who has had an allergic reaction after a previous dose of DTaP or has had severe pain or swelling after a previous dose of DTaP or DT vaccine should not be vaccinated again.

I am supposed to monitor and see if it gets worse.  If it does get worse or if it doesn't get better, I need to contact the doctor on Friday.

It reminds me of the old joke: Patient says "Doctor my hand hurts. What should I do?"  The doctor stomps on the patients foot.  The Patients asks "Doctor why did you do that?"  The doctor says "does your hand hurt anymore?"

I am certainly not focused on my shoulder.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!