Wednesday, October 4, 2017

WHAT A MORNING

I woke up early because my alarm company technician was coming to make the beeping stop on my alarm system. He arrived on time and showed me how to fix it myself.  I realize that four years from now I will need another tech to come do it again. Who remembers these things?  He also reinstalled it back on the wall.

Then he tested the alarm. The loud blaring made the dogs howl and run away.  The tech left now that the alarm was working again.

Not five minutes later my doorbell rang. I thought he returned because he forgot something. No, it was the police asking me if I was okay. My panic button went off and there were three police cars out front.  The alarm tech forgot to put the system in test mode to test it and instead he set off the panic button which alerted the police.  I apologized and told them it was the alarm tech that did it. I thanked them for their quick response.

Once they left I called the alarm company and gave them hell. They wasted police resources of an already strapped police department and a false alarm could cost me a fine. If you get two you have to pay. Well this one was not my fault.  They marked it in my "file" that it was their fault and if I get a fine they will pay it.

About 1.5 hours later I was working and boom, the electricity goes out.  For almost 2 hours I had no electricity. No internet. No TV. Ergh. Since I had no idea how long it would be out, I had to conserve. Last time it was out for almost 4 hours.

After lunch the world got back to normal.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!