Thursday, October 19, 2017

ANNIVERSARY

This is the 13th anniversary of when I got the keys to my house. I was just thinking back to the day and how excited and scared I was.  All the papers I had to sign, I felt like I was signing my life away.

Then I was handed keys to a whole house.  Suddenly I was in charge of property taxes, electric bills, fixing the plumbing, buying a new garbage disposal, and everything else.  I remember thinking "What am I doing?"  "I am not ready for this."  "What was I thinking?"  "What do I know about owning a house?"

But I owned a house. Now I have had it for 13 years and I wouldn't give it up.  I know I complain sometimes about the smell from the garbage disposal and the vines that grow too fast and the plumbing problems but I wouldn't trade it in.  I love my house with all the issues.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!