Tuesday, October 31, 2017

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

The day started out with an emergency trip to the vet for Happi.  Poor Happi has been licking her lips for weeks now.  At first I thought it was from the medicine she was taking but she does it all night long and drives me crazy.  She has been begging for her medicine.

She has also been having shaky legs during her walks.  I know she is getting older and things are going to happen.  I saw a doctor a month or so ago and he said he thought it was just her back pain.

Today I went to see the doctor that she has seen for years at the same practice.  He knows her well.  I told him she is getting older now and he said she is in such good health she has many years ahead.  He said he thinks it may be her teeth.  She has had such good teeth she has never had to have them cleaned but just recently they have looked not so good.  The other doctor said he would not clean them.  Her regular doctor said of course he would clean them and tried to get her in today as an emergency cleaning.  They could not but they are going to try to fit her in as soon as possible.  He thinks maybe her teeth are bothering her.  She could have an infection that we can't see and that is why she is licking her lips.  Also why she wants more medicine at night.

So the plan is to 1) give her some pepcid to see if it is a tummy issue for a week.  2) get a teeth cleaning as soon as possible. 3) after the pepcid give her some more painkillers as needed.  That should get her fixed up.

Halloween was not as busy as I expected.  I put a sign at the end of the block pointing kids down the block so they would come down and get candy.  I bought three bags and gave away 1.75 bags.  I bought 1 bag too many.

Until tomorrow... 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!