Friday, October 6, 2017

HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?

Today was a busy day.  I put too many activities in this day.

I got up early to be at my doctor's office bright and early.  Everything is fine.

Then I decided to go to a concert in the park.  It is a free concert and I decided that since it is a Friday, it might not be too crowded during the day.  I packed myself a picnic lunch, took my Kindle and a blanket and went to the park.  For about 3 hours I had a good time sitting or laying on my blanket in the park.  It was not crowded for most of the time.  The later it got, the more crowded it got.  The vibe changed and people got more ugly.  During the day the crowd was mostly older folk and mom's with kids (sort of hippie types who home school).  They were all mellow.  As the day went on the park filled up with a younger crowd who came from work.  They were rude and pushy.  That was when I left.

When did it become okay to sit on someone else's blanket without asking?  I had a guy hit me in the head and when I told him his answer was not "gosh I'm sorry." it was "how did that happen?"  My answer to him was "How would I know how it happened?  You should be saying, I apologize for hitting you in the head."  They left the area soon afterward.  I think I harshed their mellow.  I say learn some manners!

I came home from the park and took a nap because I was going to the movies to see Blade Runner 2049.  I would love to give you a thorough review of Blade Runner but sadly I fell asleep.  It was the 10:45pm showing and I had a very busy day.  Even with a nap, I nodded off.  I even brought crunchy snacks but even that didn't help.  It was a super long, slow moving movie.  I would not have fallen asleep during Furious Five but Blade Runner was too cerebral for me at midnight.  I will watch it on DVD.

As you can see a busy day.  I did have a very nice 20 year old gentleman hold the elevator for me at the movies, so I know not all of the younger crowd has lost their manners.  His mother brought him up right.  Also my movie buddies are all chivalrous.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!